Budgam, June 04, 2021: Deputy Commissioner Budgam Shri Shahbaz Mirza-JKAS and SSP Budgam Shri Tahir Saleem-JKPS today visited the bereaved family of 04 years old baby girl who was mauled to death after being taken away by a wild animal (probably by a leopard) in Ompora area of Budgam.
DC Budgam and SSP Budgam conveyed their heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family and assured that all possible measures shall be taken to prevent such incidents in future.
Earlier DC Budgam & SSP Budgam also convened meeting with Wildlife and Forest authorities, later they also visited the place where the deceased girl was playing and believed to have been attacked by wild animal.
Following decisions were taken in the meeting.
- DFO, PP Division Budgam will ensure immediate removal of fallen material and other cultural operations at Ompora Forests and other risky areas forthwith in order to avoid to any untoward incident in the area. Commissioner Secretary to Govt Forest Ecology and Environment J&K has assured sanction within two days.
- DFO , PP Division Budgam will immediately take steps for erection and strengthening of existing chain-link fencing at Ompora forests and will also submit DPR to the higher authorities for sanction of funds. He will also process the proposal/case for sanction of thinning of the forest immediately.
- Wild life Warden Budgam will deploy staff well equipped with machinery for elimination of the wild animal (Leopard) which has turned man-eater after obtaining sanctions from the competent authority.
- Wildlife staff will be deputed in the periphery of Ompora forests for patrolling and awareness among general public regarding roaming of the leopard in the area. They will take immediate steps for capturing of the roaming animal in the forests. Any laxity on this score shall be dealt with strictly.
- Wildlife Warden Budgam will immediately prepare compensation case of 04 year old girl who was mauled to death by a leopard on 03-06-2021 and get the case sanctioned from competent authority within 03 days positively, so that necessary compensation being paid to family of deceased.