Chairman LAHDC Leh submitted a memorandum to the Union Minister. The major points discussed during the meeting included the following points:
1. Connecting Changthang region (Nyoma and Durbuk block) with National Power Grid.
2. Provision of around 50 MW of additional power from National Grid for UT Ladakh during winters (Nov-April).
3. Implementation of Ring Network system in Leh as well as Smart Metering and Smart Grid system in UT Ladakh.
4. Release of balance CFA for MHP projects under the Ladakh Renewable Energy initiative.
New and Renewable Energy
1. Solarised water lifting in several villages of Leh district under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha even Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM KUSUM) Scheme.
2. Major concerns regarding the upcoming 10 GW Solar Power Project at Pang, Changthang. Provisions such as environmental/social impact assessment of the project, livelihood security, transparent solar panel as an option, recycling plants for waste management, skill-based training for locals, and technical/non-technical job reservation for locals in the project.
The Hon’ble Union Minister assured CEC LAHDC Leh to address all the major concerns at the earliest.
He discussed wide-ranging issues related to the management of Solid and Liquid waste management and the overall water-lifting scheme for 24*7 drinking water scheme for Leh town and adjoining areas. He also discussed the upcoming Leh Bhawan project in New Delhi with the Union Minister during the meeting.