Jammu, March 17, 2021: Prof. Bhim Singh, President, J&K National Panthers Party today after consultation with the senior members of the Working Committee of JKNPP constituted a 11-Member Advisory Committee which shall take care organizing 40th Foundation Day of the Panthers Party. JKNPP was founded on March 23, 1982 by a revolutionary group of political activists who met at Gandhi Centre at Jammu under the chairmanship of Late Sr. Advocate Abdul Ghani Goni. The Panthers Party was officially declared and named on March 23, 1982. This day was chosen because March 23 is identified as national martyrs day. This was the day when the greatest revolutionaries of India’s freedom movement S. Bhagat Singh, Rajguru & Sukhdev were martyred this day by the British Rulers.
The Panthers Party has been organizing the martyrs’ day which is the foundation day of the Panthers Party which was founded by Prof.Bhim Singh and his colleagues.
The Panthers Party Working Committee had elected Prof.Bhim Singh last month as a President after a break up 25 years. The Panthers Party has been holding its official foundation day which shall enter 40th years on March 23, 2021.
The Panthers Party has lost many founding members as well as senior activists, both men and women during the long drawn struggle for justice and equity, brotherhood and human rights for years.
Prof. Bhim Singh shall announce the Panthers Party’s next phase of movement in Jammu and Kashmir for the restoration of statehood which was deprived the Govt. of India on August 5, 2019. The Panthers Party shall declare its commitment for the restoration of statehood of J&K with all fundamental rights and implementation of all human rights in J&K and Ladakh.
The Advisory Committee includes;
1. Mrs. Angmo Shanoo, Former Director, DD (Ladakh) and prominent Ladakhi Student Leader.
1. Ms. Anita Thakur, sitting General Secretary-JKNPP (Rajouri-Poonch)
2. Mohd. Iqbal Chowdhary, Vice-President-JKNPP (Doda)
3. S. Paramjit Singh Marshall, Provincial President (Jammu Province).
4. Advocate Salim Sheikh (Poonch)
5. Hakim Arif Ali, State Secretary-Kashmir.
6. Farooq Ahmed Dar, Provincial President-Kashmir.
7. Hakikat Singh Jamwal, General Secretary, J&K and Ladakh.
8. Masood Andrabi, Vice President-JKNPP (Anantnag Sector)
9. Yashpaul Kunda, ex-MLA
10. P.K. Ganju, Sr. Vice President.
Capt. Anil Gour (retd.) has been appointed as a Member-Secretary who has been authorized to convene any urgent meeting of the Advisory Board.
In a separate resolution M/s. Gagan Pratap Singh (State Secretary), Naresh Chib (State Secretary), Neeraj Dewan & Purushottam Parihar have been appointed as Additional Members in the Advisory Committee.